Saturday 2 July 2011

Fred the Dog!

I loved making Cyril so much that I had to get started on Fred...


Here he is almost finished - didn't quite make the deadline....but my concentration goes after about midnight...and my hubby gets grumpy!






 Kept with the same shirting background and added plaids, checks and stripes, bigger buttons and a bit of burgundy stitchery for a bit more butchness!









Not enough embellishment yet and no binding but these will hopefully get finished off today.


Do you like him?  Or am I barking mad?


Here are Fred and Cyril - they are good friends already






There is a cat to come...but I think I will leave that till later.  And I thought I should devise my own pattern - a pig perhaps or a red squirrel???


Well I'll give it a go anyway and if you don't see it you will know my efforts have been disastrous....


I have been enjoying this country style with plaids and am launching myself into yet another country project - a string plaid quilt along with Juliekquilts...oh dear when will my poor UFOs get finished...?


But hey plaids rule!


Nicky



8 comments:

  1. I'm not a car person (apologies to all who are), so I would go for the pig and the squirrel over the cat. I love Fred but for goodness sake woman, get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done miss speedy!
    I love this new hanging heaps. Just as well you didn't reverse Cyril, they compliment each other better facing each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dog! The stitching is fantastic - cute, quick projects are fun! I vote for a squirrel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mini quilts, love the dog, the country style, fabrics...XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so look forward to seeing what craziness and quilty fun you are up to. Fred is so much fun!!
    I plan on doing a string quilt too...but not yet....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fred is sweet and the perfect companion for Cyril. Being a cat lover, I can't wait to see your kitty one and I like the idea of doing a pig one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely barking SS. Fred is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always had a thing for plaids. Those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...