Wednesday 30 March 2016

My taste of Hawaii

I made two appliqué blocks based on a Hawaiian theme, one as normal and the other using reverse appliqué.


This is as I picked them up today.

I thought I might manage to finish them and clock up another finish from my Finish-Along list.  Well I did scurry along and having completed the blocks I wondered what to do with them.



The lovely Trudi suggested a quick finish making them into coasters but I rarely use them and so I decided to make a fabric box instead.  My appliqué blocks could form two sides of the box and some black Essex linen the others.


I soon constructed the outside and added a lighter yellow fabric for the lining.



I'm happy with this as I never seem to have enough containers for all my scraps and other things !  Perhaps this will help me be more organised?   Well if not it still looks quite pretty....

I will be linking this project to the Finish-A-Long 2016 at the quarter end



Finish A Long 2016



This bag is on my FAL2016 list here

1 comment:

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...