I have been working on one of my #finishalong2017 projects and have been loving it! It is the #bringmeflowersquilt by the lovely, super talented Jen Kingwell. I have decided to change it up a bit - I always like to add my own personal touch to a quilt when following a pattern and I'm changing the setting of this one and adding my own flower blocks.
Here are some of the blocks I've added - apart from the background fabric these blocks just use small pieces of fabric...
And this is how I'm framing each block: first with a solid colour featured in the block and then with some 1 1/2" low volume squares...
To complete my planned 36 block layout I need three more flower blocks - I'll be repeating this one which I designed based on the Tallahassee block from this wee book : 500 quilt blocks by Lynn Goldsworthy and Kerry Green""...
and I need to think of one more design. I think that has been the most fun part of this project, though I have learnt lots from the designs by Jen of course. She mixes lots of techniques in this quilt, including English paper piecing, foundation paper piecing and applique. So lots of things to try out on a small scale of you want. I even did the English paper piecing .....not my favourite technique but I can tolerate I small amount.
And here is the fabric I have leftover from those supplied by Amitie Textiles. I think I have enough - though I'll probably add background fabrics. The rest I want to cut into 11/2" squares to make a wonderful postage stamp border ....
And this is a photo of all the blocks together when I last had them on my design wall ...
There are a few more now of course...
Here are our fabulous Scraptastic Tuesday Sponsors and their buttons, feel free to click through and thank them for their support:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Studio 39 Fabrics - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Me a Song - $20 gift certificate
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - She Can Quilt - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted.